Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #125



February 7, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
I slept for about 7 hours last night. My feet continue to be sore and swollen. Otherwise I feel ok. The treatment seemed like the most painful so far. It is difficult to see progress. I am hopeful.
February 8, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA

I managed to sleep for about 7 hours, waking several times. The treatment was normal in pain. Paulette has the flu or something.
February 9, 2005 - Dad 
Walnut Creek, CA
Another restless night. Paulette continues to feel ill. My 19th treatment seemed like the most painful to date. Driving to and from sessions is getting to be more difficult. Typing these notes is getting to be more difficult. This is a rocky path.
February 10, 2005 - Dad 
Walnut Creek, CA
My feet are swollen and painful and I’ve decided not to go to treatment today.
February 10, 2005 - Bob
Walnut Creek, CA
It’s very, very hard listening to my dad be in this much pain. At the same time, I admire his courage and believe in his path. Just because this method is unknown or untested doesn’t mean that it won’t give him some positive results. The idea of breaking up the blockages on the bottom of his feet (which, in turn, allows his organs to do their work with better flow or “chi”) makes perfect sense to me. 
I enjoy hearing my dad reflect the things Dr. Feng says to him. Many of them are philosophically similar to things I have said to him. Not that what I or Dr. Feng say is “right”, but these are different perspectives than what my dad hears in his regular life. It means the world to me that he’s open to hearing them. 
February 11, 2005 - Dad 
Walnut Creek, CA
It’s a new day. My feet feel better. I had a talk with Bob last night and Paulette this morning and I’m ready to start treatments again. Paulette drove which was a big help. The treatment was painful but manageable.
February 12, 2005 - Dad 
Walnut Creek, CA
Sleep was very difficult last night. I woke up at about 1:30 and watched an old movie, Raging Bull, until 3 a.m. My notes are brief because it is difficult for me to type. It also suits my style. Paulette was ill so I didn’t go for a treatment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment