Friday, December 23, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #123


Sleep was restless. Today is my 10th treatment and I have to admit I would like to have more progress to report. The treatment was moderately aggressive. Edward asked me to chart daily before/after treatment how I feel in parts of my body. He said my immune system is not yet functioning properly and that I should come 5 more days in a row. I felt less anxious last evening for the first time in a while.

January 31, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA

Sleep was slightly better last night. I brought my progress chart to the clinic. Edward was enthusiastic about it. He suggested a few changes and referred to it during my treatment. The treatment was the longest and most painful to date. I am having a very difficult time walking because my feet are so sore.

Right now my confidence and hope are at an all time low. I notice very little if any progress, my feet hurt and I find it very difficult to sleep. I’m considering not going in for treatment tomorrow. I noticed when I go home that I could smell the Chinese tea brewing. Loss of the ability to smell is one symptom of PD.

February 1, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA

I was not certain when I got out of bed weather or not I would go for my treatment. I began to feel better so I went and was glad I did. The treatment was painful but I felt better. I got my hair cut on the way home. I hobbled in to Great Clips where the girl/barber took one look at me and without asking charged me the senior rate for 65+ year-olds. For the record, I’m 61.

February 2, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA

Sleep was interrupted by the usual anxiety. Why should I expect any change? Today is Groundhog Day. I would like to get off the Mirapex ASAP but I continue to have fairly strong reactions to my last reduction. The treatment was moderately painful. Harriet was in for her 21st treatment. She continues to have a very difficult time. I’m thankful for the progress I’ve made.

The Pope was in the news today with health problems. I asked Edward if he thought he could help the Pope. He said “no one ask me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment