Monday, December 19, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #120

Walnut Creek, CA
We went for my second treatment and it was more painful than the first. The actual sessions are 20 minutes but since he does not take appointments you may wait a while to see him. It is a good time to listen to the other patients stories and share mine. 
So far we have met Harriet, Ben & Susan. Susan was amazing. She had been going to Edward for many years and went through a treatment mostly smiling. I felt stronger than yesterday and was able to drive home. I noticed less tension in my shoulders and was able to sleep through the night except for one trip to the bathroom. I also cut my Myrapex to .75 mg two times a day with no ill effect.
January 23, 2005  - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
We went for my third treatment. It was the most painful yet. It was difficult to walk. Edward told me that I need to move more. He said, “Running water does not spoil”. 
We met Sandy and Jim. Jim was new like me and was having a difficult time. Sandy had been seeing Edward for a while and did much better. Edward showed me four exercises he wants me to do at least 30 reps of each daily. The exercises are: (1) Throwing the ball backwards, (2) Kicking the dog, (3) Lifting the heavens, (4) Seeing the heels. 
I performed them for the first time tonight. I feel like I’m talking a little clearer tonight.
January 24, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
I had a difficult episode in the middle of last night, around 1:30 a.m. I woke up ad felt very anxious -- like when I first started coming off Mirapex. After an hour of tossing and breathing exercises I took an Excedrin PM and slept until 8:30. I felt much better when I awoke. 
Today’s treatment was much less painful. Harriet was there and continues to have very difficult time. She has had 17 treatments and according to Edward is not being “brave”. So I decided to be brave and it seemed to work. The treatment took less time because I was not resisting. I’m hopeful that I have achieved some sort of break through. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment