Saturday, December 17, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #118


January 16, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
Paulette had a conversation with Monica Cooke of Aptos, CA where in she relayed to Monica my exploration into alternative approaches to treating P D. Monica told Paulette about two people she knew, one with eye cancer, one with prostate cancer who had been cured by Edward Feng, Reflexologist.
January 18, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
I phoned Dr. Feng to ask what experience he had treating PD. He said he had treated many successfully and I should come to see him for an evaluation. He treats people 7 days a week with no appointments except for odd hour requests.
January 19, 2005 - Bob
Walnut Creek, CA
The new year is just past a fortnight and post production presses on. 
The deadline I’ve given my editor for a rough cut is mid-February so we can submit to the Seattle Film Festival (May-June). Fingers are crossed!
My dad is really struggling with his new treatment. I can’t begin to say how courageous I think he is for going forward with it. As a man who lives by and through his logic, I think he just couldn’t see continuing on the same course that offered nothing but more of the same if there was a possibility (even one filled with unknowns) that a better solution was out there. What my dad is reaching out for is something that offers hope. The other path offered to him is one of placation. Regardless of the path of hope ever bearing fruit, it gives more inspiration on a daily basis to live well, openly and at his highest good because there is a possibility that what he’s doing may have a positive effect. 
I applaud that choice with all my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment