Monday, December 26, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #124

February 3, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
Today is my 14th day in a row of treatments. Tomorrow Edward will evaluate me to determine progress. That amounts to testing my immune system by pressuring certain areas of my feet. If there is no pain that is the sign of a healthy immune system. Today’s session was the most intense so far. I know I’m going to get a rough one when Edward reminds me before he starts that “you must be brave”. 
February 4, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
Well my evaluation was more like Groundhog Day. Edward said, “Better to come every day”. The treatment continues to be painful and I remain hopeful. The Auters and the Mazzonis [family friends] arrive for a weekend visit tonight.
February 4, 2005 - Mom
Walnut Creek, CA
When Dan started to go off the mirapex I noticed him becoming more anxious, harder to understand, more anxious and unable to sleep.  As he cut down, then went to Dr. Feng, his condition worsened.  The treatments were horrible, painful and I couldn't even go with him after a while. It was too painful to hear him cry out for 20 minutes and then have Dr. Feng tell him he wasn't being brave. I wanted to hit Dr. Feng. Then Dr. Feng wanted me to begin treatments for my cancer. Right!!!!! 
The macrobiotic diet that he put Dan on is very bad for him. Dan is losing weight and looks weaker and weaker.
February 5, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
I slept a bit better last night. Don & Ray went with me to my appointment. Don told Edward about his blood cancer and Edward assured him that he could help. Ray drove home which I appreciated.
February 6, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
Today is Super Bowl Sunday. My feet are very sore. I think I’ll take the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment