Monday, December 12, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #114

100% proceeds go to the Michael J Fox Foundation. 

October 2, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

The Stephen King Dollar Baby film festival was fantastic. Though we didn’t have as big a crowd as I had hoped, it was a technically solid screening and meeting the other Dollar Baby Filmmakers was a lot of fun. We all shared stories and films. No Stephen King, unfortunately. I couldn’t track him down before or after the fest either. It’s like he’s busy or something...

I have had the great fortune of recruiting a friend and fellow editor, Mike Hendry to cut a version of the film. This will allow me some space from the project (which is very healthy for me) and a fresh set of eyes to cut at it -- that’s healthy for the film. I’m going to cut down the 50 hours to what I consider to be the rough essential footage for his cut. I’m curious, myself, to see how much that will actually be.
Anaheim 5, Oakland 4
WP: B, Donnelly (5-2)   LP: R. Rincon (1-1)

It is now, officially, over -- The A’s have been eliminated and can only look in that mirror and wonder “what if?”. Sigh.

“Next year” is the mantra of all but one team in every sport every year.
November 10, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

I handed over seven hours of footage to Mike to play with. I read somewhere that James Cameron’s first cut of “Titanic” was seven hours. I also heard he edited with a razor taped to one of his monitors with a note that read, “Use in case film sucks”. If I had a huge sinking ship in this film I wouldn’t have to worry so much about that damned razor.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment