Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #110

100% proceeds go to the Michael J Fox Foundation. 

September 16, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

Near disaster. Panic. Overwhelmed. I’m not sure if what I’m doing makes sense anymore. I’m going to make a call tomorrow and find out.

Basically, I’m pushing myself like a madman to get this documentary ready for the Sundance deadline (next Thursday, due next Friday). In the interim, I’m going to be back up in the Bay Area Friday through Sunday for my grandfather’s birthday. That leaves me five days to cut the rest of this thing. I must be insane. I...I just really want this film to debut at Sundance this January. What happens if I don’t make the deadline? Is the film hurt? No. Could I hurt myself by trying to edit this way? Yes. I already have in many ways. So why do this? Because it’s what I sometimes do  when I get in too deep.

Tonight, as I was clearing storage space on the external hard drive, the folder with my project files disappeared -- a solid 24 hours of work with no time to make it up. I about cried. I just had a breakthrough today where I finally felt like I began to edit the project with a bit of rhythm.

Then I get a call (it’s 12:30 p.m. and nobody calls with good news at 12:30 p.m., right?). On top of that, I’m worried because Annamaria’s Grandma is in the hospital after major surgery today...

Turns out to be someone just interested in Las Vegas Link, our casting breakdown service. Whew...and kind of weird. She said she thought she’d just get a recording. I wish I would have let the call go through so she would have.

At any rate, my heart’s a bit calmer now as I found that folder and all my files. I’m not going to edit anymore tonight -- just log in some more footage then go to bed.

I need a deep breath and a reevaluation of what I’m doing here...
Oakland 5, Texas 4 (salvaging a split of their 4-game series)
WP: R. Harden (10-6)   LP: K. Rogers (16-8)

I take a breath and remind myself: this too shall pass...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment