Thursday, December 8, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #111


September 17, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

Whew...

And with a day and a clear mind, what a difference. I'm actually hopeful that I'll make this crazy deadline yet. I've been slamming together tape as fast as I can. I'm going to make the halfway point tonight, then we’ll fly up to the Bay Area for Poppa's 90th birthday party. Part of me says it's crazy to be going (as I have SOOOOO much to do), but at the same time, it will allow me some sanity downtime -- always a good thing.

I have an interview with Howard Frank Mosher (author of “Waiting for Teddy Williams”, among other novels) set up for when we go to the Northeast next week along with Debi Brooks, CEO of the Michael J Fox foundation -- excellent stuff. I'm still hoping to get a couple minutes of Stephen King's time, should he make his way over to the festival. Fingers are crossed -- along with my eyes from staring at the screen too long. 

Seattle 6, Oakland 3
 WP: R. Villone (6-5)   LP: C. Bradford (5-6)

September 20, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

Editing, editing...

I'm past the half-way point and currently consolidating files (giving me a moment to say hello to all of you -- "hello!"). I am nervous about the amount of work in front of me -- it's still a lot and sleep just may not be much in the cards for the next couple of days since a cut of some variety is due on Friday and I'm leaving for NY on Thursday. But...that is what it is. I want this shot and I feel it's important for the film to give it this shot, so I'm putting it out there.

I love watching this story unfold. I love the time I got to spend with my dad. I feel so honored and blessed. I love the reaction I get from people when I tell them about the journey -- I know we did something very special and I look forward to sharing it.

No game for Oakland today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment