Saturday, December 3, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #107

August 23, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV
Here I be.
It's Sunday night, August 22nd (technically the 23rd). The beautiful Annamaria and I just returned from the Bay Area. We had a warm and wonderful last couple of days with my parents. My mom continues to struggle and that is difficult for all of us (it really is just like the ad for whatever depression medication it is says: “depression hurts everyone”). If you've never been around someone with depression, it's incredibly difficult to fully understand. And, I'm sure, it's different for every person. 
What I do know is this: when my mom is depressed, she is a woman that no one recognizes -- not even herself. She becomes quiet and small -- so different than the vibrant, warm, almost hyperactive woman most people are used to seeing. Perhaps somewhere in the middle, she will find a balance. 
I wish my mom all the health and love in the world. 
I write about her here because A) I'm thinking about her and B) Her health greatly affects my dad. 
Over the last two days, Annamaria and I helped my dad clean up the house and the cars -- hopefully giving mom and dad a fresh and clean enjoy their home and life together again. My dad said he is curious to know how mom will respond with Annamaria and I not around. There were some encouraging signs these last couple of days and I hope they continue. 
As for me, being back in Vegas is good. Being with my partner is good. Sitting here at this desk (where I'm likely to put some tread marks in my butt editing this film over the next couple of months) is good. 
It's hot, but not unbearable. 
I'm very, very hopeful for this film and the many things it can do to inspire, raise awareness and funds for Parkinson. We have an awesome opportunity. I'm waiting to hear on the first of my interviews I've been keeping fingers crossed for tonight or tomorrow. I may have a short road trip in front of me to get to that one, but that's okay. Short roadies are a breeze to me at this point. 
There's so much to do -- but not much tonight. Tonight is a brain drain (as you can tell by this entry). 
I'm going to enjoy the rest of my veggie burger, play some video games ('cause I miss my PS2, as well) and hit the hay. 
A wise poet once said, "the future was wiiiiiiide open". I know what he's talking about. 
Oakland 4, Baltimore 3
WP: T. Hudson (9-4)   LP: B. Groom (3-1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment