Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #121


January 25, 2005 - Dad 
Walnut Creek, CA
I slept better last night. My legs feel heavy today. I think I started my exercises too aggressively. I’ll cut back to one set for a while. 
I met Diane at the clinic today. She is one of the friends of Monica Cooke whose story got me interested in Edward. She has been seeing him for over a year. She had a form of eye cancer and was scheduled for surgery on both hips. She was not able to walk a single city block. Today her eye cancer is gone and she walks without pain. A mile walk is no problem. She never had any surgery. 
I saw Norm for the first time in a few days and he said he noticed improvements in my voice, walk and appearance. The treatment was more vigorous and painful today but I was able to accept it with out resisting. Edward was telling Norm that if he wanted to improve his results he should cut his food intake in half. He says that fasting is good way toward health. When the body has more food than it needs it can support enemies such as tumors. When the body is deprived it protects its’ vital organs and starves the enemies.
January 26, 2005  - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
I awoke at 3:30 a.m. feeling anxious and ended up taking an Excedrin PM and slept until 7 am. If that happens again tomorrow I’ll try doing exercises. Today the treatment was a little lighter. Edward remarked about the redness in my eyes and face. He suggested I go home and do some relaxation exercises such as casual walking and rest. I also learned it is ok to use organic ginger, garlic, green onions and brown rice vinegar. 
I met a Russian couple. I cannot remember their names. When I introduced myself to the husband he remarked  “you can’t get treatment anywhere in the world like here”. It turns out that when he started treatments he had a tumor the size of a grapefruit, a recent test showed the tumor had shrunk by 50%.
January 27, 2005 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
I am unable to sleep through the night. I am looking for ways to make my diet more appealing and not go outside the rules. The gallon of tea a day is difficult to get down. I was 16 oz short yesterday. At the clinic today getting a treatment was Mr. Wong, an old friend of Edward’s. They spoke in Chinese and seemed to enjoy the conversation. My treatment was vigorous. I don’t notice much change in my condition from day to day.
I still feel like my body is adjusting to the last reduction in Mirapex. I have bouts of anxiety and tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment