Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #109


September 1, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

I've begun to look at footage and it is a mixed bag for me. Some things make me happy, some sad. It's always this way in post. There are the memories of the things done well, the opportunities missed, the great times in between, the "didn't we shoot that?" (which, of course, we didn't) and many more. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my shoots that I see something in my eye and assume it’s on tape or film somewhere. When someone develops that system send me an e-mail (please mark it urgent).

The difference for me here is to remember my “gold” is in the story. We'll have plenty of footage from B-Roll sources (the city's convention centers have been great, sending shots to help us setup our introductions to each place we go).

I have an interview set up for today with an indie film magazine -- I'm very excited about that. Today is the 1st of Sept. -- whoo. I better get back to editing this bad boy to make Sundance’s September 24th deadline (crazy).
Chicago White Sox 5, Oakland 4
WP: S. Takatsu (6-3)   LP: J. Duchscherer (5-5)

September 6, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

Almost through the tapes now. There is about 50 hours of footage, all told. Today (hopefully) I will begin dropping the footage into the hard drive. That'll give me just under two weeks to edit a rough cut. It's insane, I know, but I have this feeling...it could be insanity I'm feeling. Hmmm...you may be right, I may be...

At any rate, I'm going forward with this for now. It will be what it will be.

The B-Roll from other cities is fitting in quite nicely, accenting what I've already got (fly overs and helicopter shots were difficult to come by during the trip, ya dig?).

Also, I have an interview with the Michael J. Fox foundation set up for the New York trip we’ll be making at the end of this month. The two Stephen King short films I did, “Luckey Quarter” and “Roland Meets Brown” are going to be part of the first-ever Dollar Baby Film Festival in Orono, Maine at King’s alma mater. I'm still working on interviews with both Stephen and Ken Burns. We'll see...
Boston 8, Oakland 3
WP: B. Arroyo (8-9)   LP: B. Zito (10-10)

Tonight’s loss (above score) burned my ass like almost no other this season. The Sox rivalry is heated from our side for sure because we’re getting our heads kicked in by the Beantowners. Tonight, though, after the stupid ump (Brian Knight, I believe?) missed the fact that Manny Ramirez CLEARLY trapped a crucial hit by Mark Kotsay and instead called him out, the flood gates opened wide.

Now, I know enough to know that a good team gets past plays like that and certainly finds a way to win games like that. Right now, though, I’m not sure if the A’s are a good team. I love these boys and they’re breaking my heart...right on cue.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment