Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #115


December 1, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV
I got an official notice from Sundance today that though they appreciated the opportunity to watch my film, “Boys of Summer” it did not make the final cut for their film festival. That’s odd, seeing as how I NEVER SENT THEM A TAPE. 
I got this same form rejection from Sundance last year when I actually did submit, “Luckey Quarter”. So, this begs the question: how does one know that anyone is actually even watching these films at all if you get the same rejection slip whether you sent them a tape or not?
What is that smell?
December 23, 2004 - Dad
Walnut Creek, CA
I received an e-mail from Bob with some web sites describing alternative approaches to treating PD. One of the sites was for the Parkinson Recovery Project (PRP). I found out from the PRP web site that their approach combined Yin Tui Na and acupuncture. They also had a warning that they could not accept anyone for treatment who was on or had been on anti-Parkinson medication.
What was most interesting about their program was the concept of recovery form PD. My neurologist assured me that there is no cure for PD. He says there is only more and stronger medication and, eventually, deep brain surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment