Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - June 27-29, 2004

The Boys of Summer continue roll along - for the latest please see our website.
 
June 27, 2004 - DAD
Dallas, TX
Another good day of rest at Christine’s.  We were late sleepers.  Eventually we got up and went to see Fahrenheit /911 a Michael Moore documentary questioning America’s involvement in Iraq and the abilities of President Bush.  In a pro-Bush state and pro-Bush city (the audience) was openly supportive of the film. 
June 27, 2004 - Bob
Dallas, TX
I had been waiting for Fahrenheit 9/11 for quite some time and got to see it today -- Wow. Getting to see it in Dallas (after driving over on the George Bush highway to get here and all) was particularly interesting. I very much appreciate the way Michael Moore gets people thinking and talking. Great movie.
We’re going to have a few more days off (away from baseball) here on the road. I’ve never been to “the south”, particularly N’awlins and I’ve always wanted to. I was considering moving to the Big Easy at one point -- chose Vegas instead (the dry version of the Big Easy).
San Francisco 5, Oakland 2
WP: D. Hermanson (3-2)   LP: M. Redman (6-4)
June 28, 2004 - DAD
Memphis, TN
We are off to a later than planned start (it’s pretty much a trademark).  We are on our way to Memphis through Little Rock and some very lush countryside.  We arrive in Memphis at about 7:30.  We set up camp at T.O. Fuller State Park – 10 minutes of downtown Memphis.  Then we are off to Beale Street.  Beale Street is not nearly as animated as my last visit – a bit of a disappointment.  We stopped by the local AAA Ballpark just as the game ended.  We went looking for something to eat.  We knew we had gone too far when we saw a sign advertising "Pimp Juice"*.  The insects back at the campground are as loud as they were at Guadeloupe.

*Bob’s note: Dad doesn’t realize I own stock in the company. I’m not only a client...
The A’s are off tonight.

June 29, 2004 - Mom
Walnut Creek, CA
The first week (of Dan being gone) was not a problem. It was a short amount of time. I got to go see Christine and the boys when I went to Dallas. I also got to spend some time alone with Chris and Migdalia. We had a very nice visit. It was hard when Dan and Bob left but I was there for a couple more days. It was hard coming home. It felt a little lonelier -- even though NY was only 8 days away. I could feel the angst -- anxiety. I could feel the depression coming on. 




The Boys of Summer continue roll along - for the latest please see our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment