Monday, September 5, 2011

Boys of Summer book Entry #33

June 19, 2004 - Annamaria
Grand Canyon, AZ

The Grand Canyon is beautiful. We were all very hungry. We had a fire burning grill (which Bob and Dan planned on using quite a bit) but couldn’t use it because of the dry conditions in the west and the concern about fire. We had all our food that needed to be cooked and we looked at each other like, “what should we do?”

I got proactive, went around and got a gas grill from a very nice family. (BOB NOTE: She has a way about this...she puts on some cute clothes and walks up with a big smile and says “Hi!” in the friendliest manner you can imagine. I’ve heard of getting more flies with sugar, but she takes it to a whole new level).

As we were cooking, we burnt some plastic from a bag on to their grill and I thought, “Oh shit.” I mean, I didn’t burn the plastic on to the grill, and I didn’t want to be the one to have to return it. We scrubbed it really hard and got most of it off.

When I went to bed I got really sad. Bob asked what was wrong as I was getting really quiet. I started crying. There is a part of me that just wants to go with them...but a part of me knows it will be good to have some self time. But two months! It seems like a long time.

June 19, 2004 - Bob
Grand Canyon, AZ

Loading up the Explorer -- that was funny. Fitting us in there with the load...I think we’re going to need a bigger boat on the east coast.

Back at the Grand Canyon: Bella and I had come up here in the spring and got caught in a blizzard! Well, this was different -- beautiful weather (still gets chilly at night) and the view is...wow. We took some pictures of the sunset that were just incredible. Sometimes it’s like the camera sees things even better than I do.

Chicago Cubs 4, Oakland 3
WP: K. Farnsworth (2-3)   LP: C. Bradford (3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment