Friday, September 16, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #42

June 25, 2004 - Annamaria 
Dallas, TX
The first week without Bob we talked on the phone every day. He was calling to set up things he needed on the tour. It seemed like right when I got home for lunch or from work at the end of the day there was more work to do. It wasn’t -- “oh, I can go home and take it easy”. There was times I just wanted to go home and just chill out. But I knew it had to be done. Bob needed everything he needed. 
I slept with a knife while Bob was gone. I told the neighbors Bob had adult chicken pox so they wouldn’t know I was alone. We didn’t live in the safest area. I had two fans going the entire time. I would block the windows with a chair. We didn’t use our Air Conditioning (too expensive). I had the whole bed to myself in that Vegas heat. That’s the only plus side I can think of for Bob being gone.
I had one of Bob’s t-shirts out and I slept with it. There were times I‘d just cry at night because I missed him so much. I smelled him on the pillows.

I wasn’t too scared; just knowing my brother’s a police officer and they were patrolling the area at that time helped. Someone called breathing really heavy asking about a casting (We owned a casting breakdown company at the time called “Las Vegas Link”). It was 4 AM -- I didn’t answer at first. He called back and started breathing hard and being really perverted. I went to my parents house almost every night.
June 26, 2004 - DAD
Dallas, TX
Today was a good day for rest. Laundry was done, journaling was caught up on and we watched a movie before going to Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar to watch Christine perform. Her stage presence has grown dramatically since I last saw her. She put on a great show. We had a very good night financially. We received donations from Pete’s and “Kiss My Ribs”, a ribs joint inside Pete’s. The audience even pitched in. All totaled we took in more than $500.

No comments:

Post a Comment