Thursday, September 1, 2011

Boys of Summer book Entry #29

June 16, 2004

A beautiful note sent via e-mail that helps keep me going...

Hello, my name is Clemmie. I just want you to know that it is people like you that inspire me.

Clemmie St. Armand

June 17, 2004 - Dan
Las Vegas, NV

I finally left Walnut Creek at shortly after noon. It was difficult to say goodbye to Paulette. This will be the most time spent apart since we met.

The drive turned out to be quite a bit longer than the normal eight to nine hour trip. There was an accident on I-680 that held me up for about 20 minutes. Then there was construction work on I-5. It took 1.5 hours to go 5 miles. Then I took a nap at a rest stop for 30-40 minutes. I arrived at Bob’s at midnight. We did some yoga exercises. Bob gave me a neck massage. We stayed up and talked for about 1 1/2 hours. I finally got to sleep at 2 a.m.

St. Louis 5, Oakland 4
WP: R. King (1-0)   LP: J. Mecir (0-5)

Paulette:

It was horrible when Dan left. Him driving to Las Vegas by himself (500 miles) really concerns me. The longest we’ve been apart before this was three weeks on a business trip when Bob and Chris were younger. Having the kids here made a difference. I missed him then but I was busy. This time I have no job or kids. It isn’t that I don’t have friends, but I don’t have my best friend. Dixie (one of my dear friends) recently lost her husband, Mark, and I am trying to be there for her. There is a lot of sadness.

I’ll just stay busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment