Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boys of Summer book Entry #45

The Boys of Summer continue roll along - for the latest please see our website.
 
After interviewing all three of them...

Bob:

So I guess I have to take the same test I was giving now...I asked sis if she would have said everything she wanted to say if dad were not to wake up in the morning. And I would love to say I’d feel okay about that but then my romantic heart says no I wouldn’t. For one we’ve got this journey in front of us, but there’s always something else. There’s always the next thing. You could always say I love you one more time. But you have the time you have and you take advantage of that, I suppose, and that’s what we’re doing. I can’t control what happens when the morning comes and so...I take care of right now. That’s the best I can do.

June 26, 2004 - Bob
Dallas, TX

Great to be in Dallas with sis. She’s the other half of Bro n ‘Stine, our production company, and it is such a thrill to hang around her. She’s one of those people who “get it” and has tremendous energy and light. I’ve seen her grow as an artist from her time in Los Angeles when I used to visit her in her button-down corporate world while I came in wearing flip flops and baggy shorts. We’d sneak off to the printing room so I could get free copies of my scripts made.

Now she’s singing dirty songs to drunks in Dallas, making way more money and having way more fun. Atta girl!

Bella and Mom have flown in and joined us -- though it’s only been a week it feels like it’s been longer. Time does strange things on the road -- stretching out for eternity at times, passing like nothing at others. It’s definitely loose.

Oakland 8, San Francisco 7
WP: O. Dotel (1-0)   LP: J. Brower (5-4)

Welcome to the team, Octavio!

The Boys of Summer continue roll along - for the latest please see our website.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment