Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #104


Aug. 12th, 2004 - Dad
Seattle, WA
Bob and I were tired going into the trip but we were exhausted to the point of  hallucinating during it. I think we pulled over at a rest area but I don't know for sure. I think we arrived in Seattle around 7 a.m.. Time to catch a little sleep before our pre game party at Pyramid Brewery.
Bob:
Fourteen hours after departing the Bay Area, we pulled into our dear friends, the Auters, home in Seattle. I have many warm childhood memories of this house. We take a quick hug from our hosts, Don and Judy, then trudge on up to their daughter, Julie’s, old bedroom. We’re out in a flash...
...And up nary three hours later. I’ve never seen my dad this kind of tired. His face is literally hanging down. I decide not to look in the mirror.
We’re out the door and off to the Pyramid Brewery right next to Safeco. Pyramid is INCREDIBLE. They have given us a prime slot in their beer garden, provided beer, soda, water, delicious hors d’ouvres and all on a day they could have easily sold this spot for prime dollars. Instead, they’ve donated to the cause. Thank you Alex Krawless and Pyramid.
Our friends and family have indeed come out to the old ball game. I think all of the 62 tickets have been claimed. Quite a group!
Park Number 29 (of 30), Safeco Field
Minnesota 6, Seattle 3
WP: J. Santana (12-6)   LP: R. Franklin (3-11)
Detroit 5, Oakland 3

No comments:

Post a Comment