Saturday, November 19, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #95

100% proceeds go to the Michael J Fox Foundation. 

 August 1, 2004 - Dad
Milwaukee, WI

Bob and I are up and on our way to Milwaukee and Miller Field.   We have a very good tailgate party and an interview with a local TV station.  The game was very interesting between the Brewers and Pittsburgh.  The Brewers win on a suicide squeeze play.

After the game, most of our group returns to the parking lot to drink sodas and beer while the traffic clears. 
Park Number 21 (of 30), Jacobs Field

Milwaukee 8, Pittsburgh 7
WP: L. Vizcaino (4-2)   LP: B. Meadows (2-3)

August 2, 2004 (Late Night) - Bob
Milwaukee, WI

After feeling numb for much of the trip (with my nose literally to the grindstone), I am starting to breathe a little easier (save for the damned money worries...). I wish there was an easy way to quell them, but hard costs demand hard cash. We’re definitely within range of the end of the trip -- less than three weeks. At the same time, I think I have about one week’s worth of funds right now...
August 2, 2004 - Dad
Vedersburg, IN

Bob and I are up early and go for a long walk in downtown Milwaukee. We walk for at least an hour. 

After that, we’re on our way to Vedersburg, Indiana to visit Don Auter’s family. Don is a long time very dear friend from the state of Washington. We are staying with Don’s sister, Suzy and her husband, Tom. They are very warm and generous people.

I take advantage of the opportunity to take a nap and when I wake, it is dinner time and many of Don’s brothers, sisters and spouses have arrived.  We enjoy a very pleasant dinner and evening with them. Don is the only sibling that does  not live in the Vedersburg area. I feel like these people have opened themselves up to us and made us feel very welcome. At the end of the evening they give Bob an envelope with a cash donation they have collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment