Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #87

100% proceeds go to the Michael J Fox Foundation. 

July 26, 2004 - Bob
Port Huron, MI

Back in the states. It was a long drive today, no doubt, but when there is no pressure of a particular place to be at a particular time, it makes the drive much more enjoyable. I appreciated the long talks with dad today -- there was a looseness and a free feel about them. I enjoy hearing about the financial things he tried, especially during the late 70’s and early 80’s. Seeing where he is now it’s easy for me to assume everything he touched must have turned to gold. Not so, not so.

We had a tremendous amount of rain and a run-in with the border patrol here at Port Huron. Apparently they saw us filming a driver who didn’t feel like waiting in line and cut in in front of all of us. At any rate, we spent about five minutes at the border answering questions and showing video -- yeah, he wanted to see what we shot.

We got over the border and are now kicking it in a Super 8 Motel. Spent a few more bucks than I hoped for (does that give you an indication for how tight our budget is?), but it‘s okay. Dad is resting and watching a little TV. It works for right now.
July 27, 2004 - Bob
Port Huron, MI

I breathe in and out -- a new day awaits. I’m happy for the moment. I’m happy for my presence. One thing I know is that I may try to heap a pile of my stuff on to an easy scapegoat when I’m feeling hurt or vulnerable. That’s not the way I want to be, but I’ve found myself doing it. It’s like I’m whispered to from beyond sometimes. I really have to be quiet to listen -- but that’s something I try to do on a daily basis -- the small meditative moments have much to teach us if we would only listen.

My dad has been writing very prolifically. I look forward to seeing what he’s written at journey’s end. I hope he’ll share it. I also think that Simple Stuff may well find a home at the end of all this. Maybe “the long road home” as well. So many good things. Keep my life and my mind open. I work for and dream of the best -- for all.

Much love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment