Saturday, August 27, 2011

Entry #25


June 1, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

Everything feels overwhelming right now. Every day I wake up anxious about the number of things that need to be done.

Yesterday, in the car, I was expressing this to my lovely partner who deserves a hell of a lot of credit for details as seemingly small as me getting out bed in the morning. I was not complaining, exactly, but rather feeling worried that it wouldn't get done. After a bit of back and forth, she took my hand and said:

"Yeah and you'll get it done. You always do." 

That froze me. Because it's true. Somehow, things always work out -- despite or, seemingly, sometimes -- in spite of me. But they do. 

Tonight we're both staring at bills and looking at a scary summertime financially as I'm taking two months off work to do this project and I've been winning more of the bread of the two of us over the last 8 months or so. So now we have some uncertainty, some big bills and some looming doubt.

But I know, somehow, we'll figure it out. We always do. 

Oakland 6, Chicago White Sox 4
J. Duchscherer (3-1)   LP: N. Cotts (0-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment