Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Entry #21

May 17, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

I think remembering to breathe is the most difficult task here. I feel as if I'm being ripped at the seams by my many disparate thoughts and ideas of how things might work.

Tomorrow's a big day of dotting i's and crossing t's for the first fundraiser in the Bay Area. Ticket sales are up to near 70 -- which is great! We have 100 and I'm hoping we at least hit that.

The Las Vegas event is just 6 days after the Bay event and we're planning on being on the road for most of that time so...we have to get most of Vegas nailed down now. We have lots of promoting to do, including a major blast to all the media outlets. I have the added plus of throwing the Stephen King news in there. Things are whirling so fast I can hardly believe I get to meet him.

Promotion’s definitely my main struggle right now. How do I get people to pay attention, let alone care? I think some rest would do me well for now. The A’s are taking the night off and I think I’ll follow suit. 

May 20, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

We're three days away from our first fundraiser and looking VERY good. Thanks in no small part to the wonderful work of my parents, we've booked a solid 100 people for our event. We will have a few more, perhaps, by game time. Regardless, it will pan out to a nice bit of money to get us started.

Our fundraiser the following week is looking good, too -- just nervous about the fact that we don't have any formal confirmations yet. We have 100 tickets and I've committed to them, so we'll just have to play it like that for now. We are busting our tails getting the word out and I don't know what more we can do...faith and hard work.

We've had amazing generosity from many groups -- Albertsons, Vons, Safeways, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Domino's, Pyramid Brewery and more...

Oakland 3, Detroit 2
WP: T. Hudson (5-1)   LP: J. Walker (0-1)

No comments:

Post a Comment