Thursday, August 18, 2011

Entry #17

Apr 28, 2004 - Dan
Walnut Creek, CA

I have a new assignment I'm working on: to be able to play "Take me out to the ball game" on the harmonica. Looking back, it seems that in many efforts I have been long on inspiration and some what short on perspiration. My last musical attempt ended with me singing the theme from “Maverick” at my Diablo Valley College voice training class. My throat felt the size of a pin hole but somehow I got through it.

I've dusted off my harmonica and located the music for "Take me out...” and I've started on the perspiration. We have a dog, Emma (a cockapoo) and two neighbor dogs, Henry and Axel (short hair and long hair dachshunds) that were initially attracted by my efforts but soon went looking for a more peaceful place to sleep. I've been through the song a dozen times and as simple as it is I can tell I have a ways to go. Wish me luck. 

May 1, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

I’ve received good feedback from the Houston Astros, Chicago White Sox and Arizona Diamondbacks. We will not be able to tailgate in any of those markets, but there are sports bar alternatives.

I need to attack the media harder to get us more publicity. This idea is so well-received by those who have taken the time to hear it. It only takes one biggee, then we build off that.

I got very kind "thanks, but no thanks" from Paul Newman's and Kevin Costner's publicists in request to interview them for the film. I understand they are very busy and also understand they must be careful about what they say yes to because then a thousand more hands come in ("Pick me! Pick me! Me too! Me three!").

I worked a celebrity golf tournament this morning (as Caesar) and met a lot of interesting people. It's nice to meet them and get in their minds, if ever so briefly, so when I do make a request (at the appropriate time), perhaps they'll remember me and I'll have an "in". Would you forget Caesar?

Oakland 6, Tampa Bay 5
WP: C. Hammond (2-1)   LP: L. Carter (0-1)  

No comments:

Post a Comment