Thursday, August 11, 2011

Entry #13

April 19, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

Today was one of my more difficult days with "Boys of Summer". Though we've been rolling along extremely well up to this point, we hit a potential snag on Friday when it appeared I may have misunderstood the nature of my collaboration with the National Parkinson Foundation. I spent the weekend in overdrive, trying to figure out alternate routes in case I would not be able to accomplish the things I set out to -- and, to clarify, none of this had anything to do with anyone doing anything "wrong" or changing their minds or anything else -- it simply was a matter of communication (you can all relate, can't ya?).

I wrote a lengthy letter to NPF today, outlining in more succinct detail my plans for this trip. I also wrote more about the potential for financial return to NPF, both immediate and in the future. It was a scary letter to send because if it turned out NPF was not able to help me in the manner I had hoped they would (again -- through no one's fault), I would be back at a form of ground zero -- only much later in the game. Getting someone to get on board with a film project in development is hell because there are so many unknowns, hence the term “development hell”.

I had the fortune of Annamaria suggesting a movie night – a great way to take my mind off things out of my control.

Afterward, we saw a rough cut of a trailer for another project we’re developing called, “Broken Reality”. It offered some relief as it looks great.

The deep sigh came with the letter from Mary Ann Sprinkle. Once again, she showed her compassion, kindness and wisdom. She told me I hadn't misunderstood, she just needed some clarification.

WHEW (X20)!

The interesting thing is that this potential problem motivated some creative solutions I wouldn’t have come up with otherwise (mother necessity, ya dig?). I'm relieved and ready to face a new day of challenges.

I've been through preproduction fears enough times to know better than to hit the panic button. It takes time, patience, faith, trust, a lot of hard work and communication. And then, after you get out of bed – Hey-Yo! We’re joking here, folks!

Good night. 

Seattle 2, Oakland 1
WP: K. Jarvis (1-0)   LP: J. Duchscherer (0-1)

Big ups on the A's taking 2 of 3 from the Angels on the road; BUMMER about the 2-1, 14-inning loss to the Mariners earlier tonight. J. Dye is earning his money in a big way. NICE to see it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment