Saturday, August 20, 2011

Entry #19

May 13, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

Work has continued to keep me nearly blind. Between Ms. Congeniality 2, Caesars Palace and producing this project, I almost haven't been breathing (gasp, gasp).

Fortunately, MC2 wraps on Friday so I'll have more time to focus on Boys of Summer -- and none too soon! We're just outside of a month away and we have two fundraisers in the interim.

Under the file of “Those who don’t get it” -- a jackass crew member from MC2, who shall remain nameless, expressed a lot of interest in this project when I told him what we were up to. He went so far as to tell me about his connections to former big leaguer Glenallen Hill. He went on to say he could get us an interview with him and maybe even with the enigmatic Barry Bonds -- citing the wonderful father/son reference, Barry’s father Bobby passing away recently.

This all sounded great until it came up that I really didn’t have a budget. The Jackass said, “Ohhhhh”. And I said, “What?” Jackass said, “That’s too bad.” And I said, “Why?” Jackass looked at me and I filled in the blank for him, “You mean, because we don’t have any money to offer you....like as a finder fee?” Jackass nodded.

Memo to Jackass: this is a nonprofit project serving Parkinson’s Disease and those affected by it. Yes, by the way, he was made very aware of that. Did it change his stance? Uh, no.

Jackass.

I'm just noticing the ads that pop up on my message board -- someone does a good job of researching as there are ads for the Yankees and Red Sox up there. Nice.

I have a ton of phone calls and coordinating to do. My big push is for an RV right now. I had a very interesting phone call with one  dealer which eventually got me to a nice “Sounds great but--”. I get a lot of those. He did give me a list of other RV dealers, though. So -- time to dial 'em up and see what happens.

Detroit 3, Oakland 1
WP: M. Maroth (4-1)   LP: M. Redman (2-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment