Saturday, August 13, 2011

Entry #14

April 22, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

It seems a lot of these entries are happening late at night. It’s my way of draining the brain before I the last train to Sleepsville...

My Dad wrote the most amazing letter to NPF (see below). It was so warm, funny and sweet that it had me in tears.

Our first tailgate/fundraiser in Oakland is taking shape. The main two places I’ve been pushing for food and beverage have been Costco and Budweiser. It’s good foundation to lay because they're both in almost every MLB marketplace and seem to be friendly to charitable requests. I'll definitely use my experience in Oakland as a watershed event.

It's great having the Oakland event (May 23rd) set up ahead of the actual tour so we can work out the kinks early and get the publicity machine rolling. I'm sending out media releases tomorrow to the Bay Area outlets.

It also gives me a chance to set a precedent and pass that information along to the other Major League teams -- to give them an idea of what we're up to and how this could work for all of us.

I'm going to take another shot at the national media, too. I just want to make sure I have as much info as possible when I hit them up. Then again, it never hurts to just be really persistent.

Oakland 8, Seattle 2
WP: M. Mulder (2-1)   LP: J. Moyer (1-2)

The A's winning the last two (after two tough 2-1 losses to the M's) in Seattle was nice. Keep rollin', boys (10-6)!

No comments:

Post a Comment