Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Entry #16

April 28, 2004
Mary Ann Sprinkle’s Reply

Dan:
I will write more later, but I wanted to say how very touched I am by your e-mail and with your sharing your story with us.  More than anything else, I look forward to meeting you at that Marlins game in July and, yes, we exist to find a cure for Parkinson disease, just as we support all those who are working to find a cure for breast cancer!

I can tell in my conversations with Robert that he is an extraordinary man, so you and Paulette are two wonderful parents.  You are both dealing with a great deal, but I know your children must be your great achievements. I'm sure Christine is terrific as well.

It will be an honor to get to know you better and to share, through a love of baseball, an important story with this world.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to help us know Dan Cochrane a little better.  And may the canister remain more full than empty.

Mary Ann Sprinkle
National Parkinson Foundation

April 28, 2004 - Bob
Las Vegas, NV

The official website goes up tonight: “www.baseballdoc.com". (AUTHOR'S NOTE -- unfortunately this domain name was not renewed in time, due to my son being born with a life-threatening condition, and the company who has bought it refuses to release it to me...oh, but I can buy it for $2000 -- our website: http://www.bosmovie.com).

We got approval for a food donation from a Whole Foods Market in Seattle. They are going to give us a gift card so we can get whatever food we want. The significance of that is other Whole Foods now have a precedent to follow (like the MLB teams have the A's tailgate to follow).

We heard from the Arizona Diamondbacks today. They are using the A's tailgate as a reference and helping us for our game there (which falls on Father's Day -- very cool). They do not have traditional tailgating, either, but they have several sports bars right downtown and a very active Parkinson group.

I contacted Morgan Spurlock, the director/star of "Super Size Me", and he got right back to me. I met him up at Sundance 2004 and his movie is fantastic. He loves the idea for our film and is probably going to join us at one or maybe both of the games in New York -- how cool is that? He also gave me a good lead to some other documentary people. By the by, "Super Size Me" hits the screens on May 7th -- be on the lookout!

The A's game is coming up quickly: May 23rd. We really need to get on two things right away:

1) Press releases to Bay Area Media
2) Securing the Paypal site off the web site so people can send in their payments.

The Las Vegas tailgate/fundraiser is set for Saturday, May 29th. The game will feature a fireworks afterward.

Annamaria’s working on a fundraiser in Des Moines, Iowa (hometown of the AAA Cubs and Annamaria).

New York Yankees 5, Oakland 1
WP: J. Contreras (1-2)   LP: M. Mulder (2-2)

Ewwwwww...a five game skid? How’s Miggy doing in Baltimore? Don’t tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment