Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #145

100% proceeds go to the Michael J Fox Foundation. 

Sunday, March 26th - Bob
Phoenix, AZ

We road trip 750 miles from Walnut Creek to Scottsdale. We were planning on flying but the prices were just too high -- started off at about $220 (each way!) a ticket and only went up. No biggee, as my dad says, "This drive ain't no hill for a couple a climbers."

We get here -- tired, but happy, and pull into our VERY cool hotel, the Valley Ho. I hand my card over to the friendly desk clerk for incidentals and it's rejected. Huh? I ask her to try it again and she says it's not taking the $2100 charge. HUH? $2100 for incidentals on a room I haven't even been into yet?! I've been in some swank joints but...

My stomach begins to churn as I think, oh no -- did I misunderstand the terms of this thing. Was it just a reservation the festival was getting for us and we’d be on the hook for the room ourselves? As a very broke filmmaker, this prospect didn’t sit well with me.

I call Chris (festival organizer) and it turns out the film festival made the reservation late so it didn't go through with their initial rooms. A quick conversation between Chris and the hotel and it was all cleared up. Whoo hoo!

The decor his is 50's hip/chic. I am digging it, daddio. We enjoy some snacks, I hop in the hot tub for a few minutes of melt down and then it's time for bed.

Tomorrow's a big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment