Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #138


Dec. 22, 2005 - Bob
Walnut Creek, CA
I asked Annamaria to marry me on Dec. 18th. She was surprised, but she said yes anyway. Whew! The wedding is scheduled for Sept. 7th in Maui, to coincide with a family trip we already had planned for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Alo-HA!
Jan. 3, 2006 - Mom
Walnut Creek, CA
At Christmas I was already coming out of it. The joy of Bob and Annamaria’s engagement was a dream come true. That they had decided to get married -- that they loved each other that much. That’s all I want -- as a mom -- that Bob would find someone that loves him as much as he love her. She treasures Bob. He is such a sensitive man -- he has such a sensitive heart. And she treasures that. I’ve always been protective of Bob’s heart. He had gotten cynical for a while about love. I was afraid he’d never find someone. I believe in marriage and he didn’t for so long.
January 22, 2006 - Bob
Park City, UT
Annamaria and I drive the 750 mile, 12-hour dealio from SF to Park City for the Sundance Film Festival. Part of me is very hesitant about this trip as I’ve screened up here during Sundance (on my own -- just as we're doing now) and had a very mixed experience. I also have the memory of the rejection letter sent to me from them that expressed their disappointment in not selecting my film that had never even been sent (follow the conundrum?). The less-doubting part of me says, this is where the deals are made and, love it or hate it, you need some of these players (or “People in black” as they’re called by the Park City locals) to come in and take this baby wide. 
I’m hoping to make (what I think is) a very unique offer to distributors: as I will not be making any money off the film, they can literally purchase the film for a donation to the National Parkinson Foundation. They get the tax write-off, they get the film and they get the publicity of looking like good guys. Win-win-win, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment