Saturday, July 30, 2011

Entry #7



  
March 31, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Major League Baseball is currently reviewing our proposal. I feel confident they'll allow us to shoot inside the stadiums.

We have letters and faxes out to every team. We have heard from and have tentative approval from several teams.

I have spoken to the Michael J. Fox Foundation and they are very enthusiastic about our project. They are deciding what role, if any, their charity can/will serve as they have very strict guidelines that I completely respect.

The Muhammad Ali Parkinson Research Center in Phoenix is completely behind our project. They are under the National Parkinson's Foundation's "umbrella". The National Parkinson's Foundation continues to be completely behind us as well.

All profits from the film will go to Parkinson's research for a cure and to improving the quality of life for those who currently live with the illness.

As with any film, there will be unavoidable hard costs. I am doing everything in my ability to lessen or remove those costs. 

I have encouraged my dad to keep a journal of his thoughts as this process continues.

March 31, 2004 - Dan
Walnut Creek, CA

I'm finally getting into gear. I told Bob that I feel like I'm moving in slow motion in relation to his activity. We all do what we can.

My first recollection of the idea to do a baseball trip is related to reading Robert Wood’s book, "Dodger Dogs to Fenway Franks". Woods was a school teacher from Seattle. He took off by himself one summer to see and "grade" all of the Major League Baseball parks just like a report card. Bob was away at college at the time. It was in my mind that after he graduated he would be so busy with life that the idea of us seeing all the ball parks would get set aside. We took two trips over two years and saw seven parks and that was it. Life sure enough got in the way.

The movie can be seen here. Please watch it and share it with friends. 100% proceeds benefit the Michael J Fox Foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment