Friday, July 29, 2011

Entry #6

MY LETTER TO PROSPECTIVE INVESTORS:

Greetings,

I will be making a documentary entitled, “Boys of Summer”, of our experience. We will road trip in an RV across America, interviewing fathers and sons and those affiliated with Parkinson’s Disease and baseball everywhere we go. We will explore all America, baseball and life have to offer on our journey.

I am an award-winning independent filmmaker, with three features and two short films under my belt, including “The Playaz Court” (Artisan Entertainment) and two Stephen King projects: “Luckey Quarter” and “Roland Meets Brown” (Grand Prize Winner, King’s American Gunslinger Contest).

My hope with “Boys of Summer” is to raise awareness about Parkinson’s Disease, examine the love affair fathers and sons have with baseball against the backdrop of America’s stunning beauty and share the adventure of a lifetime with a man I love dearly, my father.

We are in contact and working with Mary Ann Sprinkle from the National Parkinson Foundation and Margaret Coles, who is associated with Muhammad Ali's center in Arizona. We have a letter out to Michael J. Fox's organization and all of the Major League Baseball teams.

Please visit www.bosmovie.com for the schedule and updated information.

March 30, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

It is very late night -- really more like the 31st than the 30th – as I write this update. The last two days have been very productive. I've received calls from the Rangers, A's, Mariners and Red Sox. What's up with the NL?

I also have spoken with the MLB commissioner's office regarding access for shooting inside the ballparks. I suppose they're looking to issue us a form of a press pass -- that would be cool.

I learned from a friend in New York today that tailgating absolutely is a tradition for both the Yankees and Mets fans -- something I thought their fans might bypass on if they didn't have the typical parking lot. Apparently, the Mets do and that accounts for that. The Yankees don't have the typical lot, but my friend (who's a big Yankee fan) says they tailgate on the rooftop of the closest parking garage. “BBQ in the Bronx”. Sounds like a 1970’s “B” horror flick.

I had a great conversation with the Las Vegas 51's. They seem very hip to trying to help us with a fundraiser. I'm going to propose another one incorporating Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman’s favorite area downtown: The Fremont Street Experience. He's been pushing hard to revitalize this area for (...let’s see...forever). He’s also been pushing for a (or several) pro sports franchise(s). I'm working on a tailgate party there and afterward we send everyone to the game via shuttle. Could be a blast...I love Vegas.

The movie can be seen here. Please watch it and share it with friends. 100% proceeds benefit the Michael J Fox Foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment