Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Boys of Summer Book - Entry #162


Feb. 20, 2007 - Paulette
Walnut Creek, CA

I’m looking back. There are things I wish I knew then what I know now so I could handle them differently. But I don’t blame myself. I would have been more encouraging. I think dad felt guilty. I wish he wouldn’t have -- that he could have gone with a freer heart. But it wasn’t so -- that’s just the way it was.

I’m thrilled with what the trip did for Bob’s and Dan’s relationship. Bob worked so darn hard -- I don’t know how much he enjoyed it.

They do have the memories. Jumping in the ocean, the Field of Dreams -- it was amazing. At the Auters, the Payzants, with Naiden -- all the opportunities and the people you met. You can’t put words to it. I am so grateful.

Had Christine said “mom I want to do this journey with you”, I’m sure I would have gone. I didn’t feel left out. If I wanted to go on the whole trip I could have. There were responsibilities at home.

Just to see the power of this film and the good that it has done and will do...it’s hope, it’s relationship. Yeah, dad’s got Parkinson’s Disease, but he isn’t Parkinson’s Disease, he’s a man who’s got Parkinson’s Disease. Like me, I’m a person who’s got bipolar but I live. I enjoy life. Before I was waiting for the next shoe to fall. I was feeling not in control in my life. I’m not saying I’ll never have an episode again. That happens -- life goes on, things happen. But right now things are good. I want to get ready for life -- living one day at a time. I can be prepared by working my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment